Since the Turkey is a member of the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development, it is an ideal choice for OECD flagged vessels in terms of compliance.
- Turkey has recycled high profile ships including aircraft carriers and other naval vessels.
- Turkey shipping yards operate near Aliaga.
- Turkey uses the landing method.
- Turkey is known for their green recycling centre.
- Due to much lower prices compared to the Indian sub-continent, the vessels going to Turkey are mostly smaller vessels or under-tow vessels, though they can handle larger vessels too.